Investors – What does it mean for you?
Today, various business models present different opportunities for investor participation in renewable energy projects. If you are interested, please contact us to discuss our offerings.
Developers – Expand your access to capital
CSG helps its developer clients secure construction loans, permanent financing and tax credit equity solutions. Our expertise structuring financing for renewable energy installations has been honed in the field and on the ground, from vineyards in California, to college campuses and public school systems across the country. Our team has secured financing for more than $2 billion in renewable energy installations.
Our team maximizes project value. Our experience within the changing landscape of renewable energy encompasses all aspects of the project life-cycle as well as leading green technologies, environmental and policy regulation, and the range of renewable energy credit program requirements. This commitment is apparent in every transaction we undertake and is part of the outstanding service culture that has helped us build lasting partnerships with our valued clients.
Renewable Energy Construction Loan Program
CSG specializes in construction lending for renewable energy installations nationwide. Typically, we provide construction loans ranging from $1 to $25 million with a term of 6 months; however, larger loans and longer terms are considered based on project specifics. We work with experienced developers with a successful track record of completed renewable energy transactions.
Highlights of Construction Loan Program
- A highly-experienced EPC provider with payment and performance bonding or letter of credit is required.
- A strong corporate guarantor; guaranty is full recourse for project completion and loan repayment.
- Easement or leasehold rights during construction are also required.
- Prior to closing, a suitable takeout commitment such as a term loan, tax credit equity, grant, sale leaseback or other scenario must be in place with an acceptable institution.
- Typical due diligence fees apply which cover the costs of various third-party reports such as the appraisal and plan and cost review, and other lender due diligence costs. The borrower is responsible for legal fees and customary closing costs.
- Call us for current rates.
Renewable Energy Investment Tax Credits
CSG seeks out strong real estate investments that provide solid returns and risk-protection for our investors and meet our mission to promote renewable energy development. We work with the nation’s top attorneys and law firms to structure and close financial transactions.
Our team has the experience required to structure transactions under a variety of approaches, including direct investments, sale-leasebacks and flip transactions. All have specific development, finance, investment and market considerations and we offer all of our clients the knowledge and resources to help navigate these challenges. Our expertise is knowing what it takes to connect developers and investors and close transactions through a variety of investment structures.
If you are a developer interested in monetizing your renewable energy credits, or an institutional investor interested in purchasing this type of tax credit, please contact us for more information regarding the specific programs we work in and our services.